If you want to learn how to naturally lighten hair, then make sure to keep reading to the end.
Many women and men alike want to lighten their hair. But they’re afraid of scalding themselves or burning their scalp with chemicals.
The good news, though, is that you don’t have to go to the salon to do it. You don’t even have to use bleach!
In today’s article, you will learn how to lighten your hair naturally in the comfort of your home. Let’s get right to it.
Table of Contents
Three Ways to Lighten Your Hair Naturally
Before I get into that, I should mention that it’s never a great idea to bleach your hair yourself, especially if you’re not a professional.
If you want to bleach your hair, always make sure to go to the salon and let your stylist do that for you.
For methods you can do yourself at home, here are some natural alternatives.
1. Honey and Vinegar
Honey contains hydrogen peroxide, which makes it a great hair-lightening agent.
They also keep the hydrogen peroxide in the honey from damaging your hair.
To lighten your hair successfully with honey and vinegar, do the following:
- Get a cup of honey and mix it with two cups of white vinegar and one tablespoon of coconut oil. You want to keep mixing all three ingredients until they form a paste.
- Afterward, apply this paste to your hair (which should be damp) and comb it through.
- When you’ve done that, wrap your hair in a towel or a shower cap and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, make sure you rinse it up with deep conditioning.
- When you’re done, you’ll notice that the color of your hair is appreciably lighter. Your hair will also come out looking healthier.
2. Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen Peroxide, when used alone, cannot lighten the hair. It will only make your hair dry and nasty.
However, mix it with baking soda and then you’ll see the magic happen.
To naturally lighten hair with this method, you’d need two spoons of baking soda and half a teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Now, follow these steps
- Mix the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda together until they form a paste.
- Apply this paste to dry hair and leave to sit for about 30-60 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with a good conditioner and inspect it. You’ll see that it has gone a shade or two lighter.
3. Honey and Cinnamon
Cinnamon is another lightning agent that works like magic. It can lighten your hair and still make it look rich. Now, add some scoops of honey and watch your hair go two shades lighter.
To use this method, you’d need one tablespoon of cinnamon powder and two tablespoons of honey.
Now, follow these steps:
- Take this and mix it into two tablespoons of olive oil until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your damp hair and let it seep into it overnight. You can also cover your hair with a shower cap while you sleep.
- When you wake up, wash it off and inspect your hair. This should do the trick.