If you’re thinking to yourself, “Should I get a transparent lace front wig?” Well, here’s your sign. You definitely should.
Transparent lace front wigs have many benefits. So, it’s no wonder they are very popular in the market.
With transparent lace front wigs, you can cover up thinning or balding spots on your hair to boost your confidence. Plus, transparent lace front wigs give you many different ways to create unique and attractive styles on demand.
But there are many other reasons you should get a transparent lace front wig. We will get to all of that in our article today. But first, let’s understand what a transparent lace front wig is.
Table of Contents
What Is A Transparent Lace Front Wig?
A transparent lace front wig is a combination of a lace front wig and a transparent full lace wig. So, what you have is a transparent lace front wig that’s sewn with a lace frontal usually using three or four human hair bundles. The number of hair bundles could vary, of course, depending on the style. Click here to learn how many hair bundles you need to create your wig.
As the name suggests, the lace used to make such wigs are transparent and, hence, are invisible and undetectable.
Depending on your personal preferences, a transparent lace runs from temple to temple and, in some cases, from ear to ear. The wig maker carefully knots each individual strand of hair into the lace and knots it. This is what creates the natural-looking hairline that the transparent lace front wig gives.
Why You Should Get One
1. Transparent lace front wigs look super realistic. In fact, they are one of the most realistic-looking wigs you can get. It’s the reason for their growing popularity among wig wearers.
2. With a transparent lace front wig, you will be protecting your natural hair from environmental hazards.
3. Transparent lace front wigs are very versatile and you can create really attractive styles in a snap.
4. If you want something less boring, transparent lace front wigs come in many varying colors to choose from. You don’t need to damage your natural hair using harsh dyes.
5. With a transparent lace front wig, you can pull your hair away from your face without revealing your hair tracks. Because the lace material used to make the wig is undetectable, it gives the illusion of a natural hairline, making the wig very versatile.
6. Transparent lace wigs are available in different textures and styles from straight hair, to wavy hair, to curly hair, to kinky hair. You have many attractive options to choose from.
7. The lace used to make transparent lace wigs is usually high-quality lace. Hence, it feels really comfortable when you wear it. It’s natural and it’s also breathable.
8. Transparent lace front wigs don’t have to be plucked.
9. It’s a great wig option for beginners.
Popular Styles to Try!
Here are the popular lace wig styles to pick from:
1. Transparent Lace Body Wave Wig
The Body Wave is a popular choice when it comes to transparent lace front wigs. The waves are bold and beautiful. And the way they frame the face gives a sexy appeal that many women love. At our hair store, you can get a transparent lace body wave wig in a different color besides the natural color.
2. Transparent Lace Front Deep Wave Wig
The deep wave is another common choice for a transparent lace front wig. Unlike the body wave, the deep wave has its waves more closely packed than the body wave. It’s like a mid-point between a straight wig and a curly wig. At our store, we have this wig in different colors besides the natural color. You can get this wig in blonde and in blue, yellow, or pink.
3. Transparent Lace Front Straight Wig
The straight wig is a pretty straightforward hairstyle. If you want a less dramatic look, a straight wig is best for you. But you can also switch up your look by getting a differently colored wig or dyeing your natural colored wig.
4. Transparent Lace Front Bob Wig
Bob wigs are chic and sexy. They are also quite versatile. With transparent lace front bob wigs, you can switch from the formal office look, to a sexy snack for a night out with the girls, all in a snap! Bob wigs come in different styles from the straight wig to the deep wave, to the body wave.
5. Transparent Lace Front Curly Wig
There are different transparent lace front curly wigs to pick from. If you’re a curl lover, you’d love all the yummy curls transparent lace front wigs have to offer. At our store, we offer both deep curl wigs and jerry curl wigs.
6. Transparent Lace Front Loose Wave
The loose wave is quite similar to the body wave in its looks except that, like its name suggests, the waves are not tightly packed like the body wave style. The loose wave has an ease about it that makes it quite attractive. The Transparent Lace Front Loose Wave Wig at our store is beautiful, holds its waves, and can be dyed or curled too.
7. Transparent Lace Front Natural Wave Wig
The natural waves are quite attractive and a great way to stand out. It’s a popular choice with wig wearers and is also easy to customize as well. Our Transparent Lace Front Natural Wave Wigs are made of 100% virgin hair and can be dyed, curled, or even cut to suit your tastes.
8. Transparent Lace Front Kinky Straight Wig
With a Transparent Lace Front Kinky Straight Wig, it would be hard for anyone to tell it’s not your real hair. The transparent lace makes the wig super realistic, plus, it lays pretty flat too. A really amazing wig choice that can be curled and straightened.
But of course, kinky hair needs special care as it’s different from other hair types.
9. Transparent Lace Front Water Wave Wig
The Transparent Lace Front Water Wave Wig is quite the stunning wig. It has this sexy appeal that makes you look like a water goddess which is why many love it.
10. Raw hair Transparent Lace Front Body Wave Wig
Raw hair is more expensive than virgin hair because it is not at all processed. It requires different caring methods, though. Hence, the buyer must be careful when buying such a wig to ensure that the wig lives out its potential. You can check out our article on caring for raw hair to get some tips.
How To Choose The Best Wig for You
To choose the best transparent lace front wigs for you, go through the following steps:
1. Go for a High Quality Human Hair
Your wig cannot be better than the quality of hair used to make it. So, if you must get your wig right, you must get the hair right.
The best hairs for transparent lace front wigs are raw hair, virgin hair, or remi hair. All must be sourced from the same donor’s head with undamaged cuticles all aligned to prevent tangling or shedding. Avoid human hair that has been altered by chemicals as they wouldn’t last long.
2. Choose a Color that Suits Your Complexion
Another important factor to consider when choosing a lace front wig is to go for a wig color that suits your complexion. The most common choice is the natural color. But that’s not to say that it’s your only choice. There are other color choices you can pick from ranging from pink to blue to blonde.
If you’re going to pick a colored wig, be sure that it matches your skin tone if you want it to look natural and attractive. A garish contrast between your hair and skin tone will not make you look good.
How to Install A Transparent Lace Front Wig
1. First wash and condition your natural hair to rid it of dirt and oil buildup. Next, braid your hair but not too tightly, and then use a lace cap to cover the braid. The lace cap should be close to your scalp in color.
2. Next, set the wig on your head and adjust it till it fits. You don’t want the wig too tight or too loose. If it’s too tight, it could cause chafing which could damage your hairline. And if it’s too loose, it could fall off your head.
3. Next, trim the excess lace at the forehead to fit your hairline. Make sure you make it really neat. After that, apply a lace adhesive glue to seal the wig to your forehead. You must make the glue extra thin. You don’t want too much of that messing up your face. Then wait for it to dry. To conceal the lace, you can apply some makeup on the lace so that it looks like skin.
4. Next, lay your baby hair. Laying baby hair gives your wig a more realistic look.
How To Take Off Your Transparent Lace Front Wig
To take off your transparent lace front wig, you can use hair products to melt the adhesive or glue used to attach the wig to your head. When the wig gets loose, gently take the wig off your head. You don’t want to scrub the lace off your forehead too hard or you might hurt your hairline and your forehead.
How to Care for Your Transparent Lace Front Wig
1. When combing your hair, use a wide-toothed comb and avoid using regular weave brushes. A wide-toothed comb is best because it means it passes through the hair easily without tangling the wig.
When combing, be sure to be gentle on your wig so that you don’t pull the hair out of the wig and cause it to shed.
2. Always take off your wig whenever you come home. Do not sleep in your wig. Instead, get a mannequin or a wig stand and store your wig on it to keep it tangle- and matte-free.
3. Only use shampoos and conditioners specifically made for wigs when washing your wigs. Be sure to avoid shampoos and conditioners containing sulfate. Also, avoid using seawater and hot water to wash your hair as these are pretty harsh and can damage your wig. Definitely do not shower or swim with your wig.
4. After washing your wig, don’t use a hairdryer, air-dry the wig instead. Don’t forget to expose the inner parts of your wig as well so that it can dry. Also, avoid manipulating your wig when it’s still wet. Wait till it’s dry before trying to style it.
Can You Bleach Transparent Lace?
Transparent lace is suitable for nearly all skin tones. However, because it’s transparent, it’s very easy to color the lace to suit your skin tone if you ever have to. So, yes, you definitely can bleach your transparent lace.
Should You Bleach The Knots On Your Transparent Lace Wig?
When you get your transparent lace front wig, the knots on the wig can be quite distinct. Bleaching the knots on the lace will change the pigmentation of the knots from black to a color that blends better with your skin tone.
This will give your lace front wig a more seamless look so that it looks like a real scalp.
The Difference Between Transparent Lace Front Wigs and Medium Brown Lace Front Wigs
A lace front wig is of two types. There’s the 13 by 4 transparent lace front wig which is called the medium brown lace front wig and there’s the 13 by 6 transparent lace front wig which is the transparent lace front we’re talking about.
The main difference between these two wigs is in their width. As you can tell, the transparent lace front wig has more real estate. So, if you want to create a long pre-plucked hairline, then go for the transparent lace front wig.
Besides the width, one other difference between the transparent lace front wig and the medium brown lace front wig is the color of the lace. That much is obvious. While the transparent lace is barely noticeable, the medium brown has a slightly darker color than the transparent lace front. This makes both wig types suitable for different kinds of women.
Black women would look great with either the medium brown lace front wig or the transparent lace front wig. But women with a lighter skin tone would do much better with a transparent lace front wig.
It’s a Wrap!
So, there you have it, everything you need to know about getting a transparent lace front wig and how to care for it at your fingertips.